Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Saw The Sign, and I Wanna Be a Fly Girl

SO my obsession with early 90s music has sort of inspired this post. I want to look like a cross between a Fly Girl and Ace of Base (all members). I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a Fly Girl for Halloween this year--if you steal my idea I will hurt you--but for real life I'll probably have to take it down a notch.







Note the lack of J.Lo in this fly girl video. I tried to find one because it would have been hilarious; YouTube, however, didn't have many options. On a side note: can anyone tell me what the girl with the brown hair screams at the beginning of the Ace of Base video?

Here are some things I found to get the look:

Cutout Shoulder Top, Re Collection $97.30 @shopbop.com. Knee Pads, $65.00 @ sincityskates.com. ASOS Slash Back Unitard, $37.50 @ASOS.com. Gummy Bracelet With Peace Sign $11.00 @ Asos.com. Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick in French Toast, around $6.00 at any drug store. Aqua Contrast Cut Out Bodice Cat Suit, $186.00. ASOS ACE Leather Brogue Cleat Sole Boots $169.00 @ASOS.com. Top Shop Long Sleeve Ribbed Top $20.00.

I love all of these things; my favourites, however, are a toss up between the white collared shirt and the brown lipstick. If you want to go full 90s with the lipstick keep it heavy and matte with a primer under it, you'll look like Drew Barrymore in her Letterman flashing days. Alternatively, you could just mix it with some gloss for a more modern look.

No comments:

Post a Comment