Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lady Gaga at VMAs

Never one to be outdone, Lady Gaga chose 3 outrageous things to wear to the VMAs. I love the giant black gown, and coordinating Mohawk. It must be difficult for Lady Gaga to out do her own outfits, so she went for an all meat dress. Shocking. Obviously this pissed PETA off, who released a statement to remind people, unnecessarily I might ad, as it is doubtful anyone would try this look at home, that within a very short period of time this dress would smell of rancid meat and probably be crawling with maggots. YUM. When asked about her reasoning behind the flesh dress, Gaga responded by saying;
Well, it is certainly no disrespect to anyone that is vegan or vegetarian. As you know, I am the most judgement-free human being on the earth. However, it has many interpretations. For me this evening, if we don’t stand up for what we believe in and if we don’t fight for our rights pretty soon, we’re going to have as much rights as the meat on own bones. And, I am not a piece of meat.”
I feel almost blasphemous for saying this, but although it was obviously meant to shock, it's almost predictable, as is her explanation for it. I love me some Gaga, but the meat dress made my stomach turn just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment