Thursday, May 20, 2010

Celebrity Looks From Last Night



As usual, Ashlee Simpson-Wentz is rocking black from head-to-toe. She looks cute. Cute dress, cute shoes...a little bit boring but cute. And while I like her new hair colour (so much better than solid black), why must she always look like she's emptied out a bottle of dippity-do onto her bangs? I'm over the comb-over, I wish she was too.


Kate Moss. I think I'll always be a bit bias when it comes to Kate Moss, but to me she always looks effortlessly cool. Besides, pants are totally overrated.



Boo. I'm so dissapointed. I always root for SJP, even when everyone else seems to have turned their backs on her (she was once voted the unsexiest woman of all time, WTF?!). In this case though, I cannot. I really dislike this dress...something about that neckline isn't doing anything for me, I don't like the hem and the fit bothers me too. It looks like something I've seen Kelly Ripa in, only less flattering. Better luck next time...



Ah, now Lily Allen makes some questionable choices...sometimes choosing to wear something not-so-flattering. However, I genuinely like this dress...In fact, I kind of want it. It's soft and romantic, and it looks good on her because it emphasizes her teeny waist and the plunging reckline prevents it from looking dowdy. I think her hair and makeup work well with it too, giving the outfit a bit of edge without looking overdone. Nice work Lily's stylist.



W...T...F. How old is Demi Lovato...16,17? Does anyone know what I'm talking about when I say she looks like she's been in one of those old lady boutiques that carry things with "pizazz" like gold lamé shirts, things with rhinestones, t-shirts that say things like "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional" and other fun things to make the elderly feel like they are still young and hip? She looks like a cross between an Atlantic City grandmother and a contestant on Rock of Love. With an outfit (and makeup) like that, she could make a mint as an Adam Lambert impersonator.



Let's do a little side-by-side comparison of Michelle Williams. Outfit 1: adorable and flattering in a Suno dress, and killer platforms by Stella McCartney. Outfit 2: homely and unflattering in a Chanel Couture gown. I usually think Michelle Williams has good style, the colour looks pretty on her and I really want to like it...but eugh.



I bet when J.Lo's stylist pitched this Roberto Cavalli dress to her she used the words "sexy" and "exotic". When I see it "tacky" is the only word that springs to mind. She cleverly accessorized with even more animal print (see clutch) and plenty o' diamonds.



This is more like it. Rachel Bilson does animal print well. It's much less obvious than J.Lo, and the cut and fit still look hot. I think this is how animal prints should be done. It's less conventional and her simple black accessories are interesting enough to add an edge, but subtle enough not to push it over the edge.



Ew. I hate this. Maybe it's just her weird pose, but I really don't think this looks good on Lea Michele. The shiny dress looks off with the satin shoes. Normally, I'm into the big, high bun...but with her bangs, and her heavy eyes and lips it looks outdated and kind of awful. The dress looks like it's supposed to be a bit offbeat. Instead, she looks like she was styled by a dance teacher or a stage mom. On a somewhat related side note: I love glee.



I'm into the sheer skirt trend, and this Chanel dress that Kate Beckinsale is wearing does not dissapoint. I love the sleeves, and the beadwork at the top. Her loose hair works too.

No comments:

Post a Comment