Thursday, May 20, 2010

Heel-less shoes

Lady Gaga is always snapped wearing something outrageous. Most recently, she's been seen looking like a high fashion witch in these gravity defying heel-less platforms by Noritaka Tatehana, aptly named Nightmare Shoes.



Surprisingly, this is not as pioneering as her hats made out of hair, PVC Elizabethan dress or the tea cup as an accessory. In fact, two years ago, Victoria Beckham hit the streets in these heel-less platform boots by Antonio Berardi



And in past seasons designers like Manolo Blahnik, Marc Jacobs and, coolest of all, Nina Ricci, have also come out with their own versions of a heel-less shoe.


from Nina Ricci's FW09 collection

I think what everyone is asking themselves is, how do you walk in them?
Apparently, they aren't that difficult. They're deliberately weighted in the platform in order to force your weight forward and down, so that you can't fall backwards. I'm still skeptical though.. I think I would need to try a pair on to believe it.

Would you? (I honestly think I would)

No comments:

Post a Comment