Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Goodbye Platforms?

In the fall 2010 collections there seems to be a trend toward more streamlined shoes and pointy toes. This breaks my heart a little bit because I am in no way ready to part with my beloved platforms (and the fact that they make me look like a giant). I don't know if it will ever be the end of platforms for me (I know, I say that now,) but in any case, I thought I'd compile some beautiful enormous platforms I've come across. Some of them are a bit beyond my budget and I dare to dream, some more affordable, and others dirt cheap. Here they are!


1. Platform Canvas Booties, Top Shop $270.00 2. Alexander McQueen $829.00 3. "Annton" platforms is Cognac, Steve Madden $130.00 4. "Ping" elastic-front platforms, ASOS.com $55.00 5. ankle-wrap platform sandals, Balenciaga $796.00 6. "Meryl" platforms in Ice Suede, Elizabeth and James $300.00 7. open-cut platform pumps, Forever 21 $25.00 8. suede platform clogs, Marc by Marc Jacobs $313.00 9. peep-toe platform wedge, Matiko Nicki $148.00 10. "Duchesse Rondin" clogs, Miu Miu $427.00 11. "Iceage" platform booties, Nine West $114.00 12. "Halworth" platform, Badgley Mischka $97.00.

I love the laser-cut suede on the Elizabeth and James platforms, the modern nude and black pattern on the Alexander McQueen booties, and the Miu Miu clogs are great too, but I think the best find is the 90s looking $25.00 black cut out platforms from Forever 21! The look a lot like a pair of Vera Wang Lavender Label shoes I came across, only so much cheaper. (Alright maybe not quite as good, but still...)

No comments:

Post a Comment